Scott Raun <sraun at fireopal.org> writes:

> The Debian default is supposed to be /var/www. I _am_ getting the
> index.html from /var/www - I made the three of them distinct so that I
> could tell. I believe that was in part of the message you snipped.

Starts to sound like you're not talking to the Apache you think you're
talking to, or the Apache isn't reading the configuration files you
think it's reading.  The first seems not so likely.  The second,
especially with the srm.conf issue just mentioned, maybe more likely.
And are you sure your procedure for telling Apache to reread the
changed configuration files is valid?  Try something like putting a
deliberate syntax error in and make sure you get an error for it.  (Or
have you accidentally tested this often enough to be sure already? :-)
)

> This is driving me not-so-slowly NUTS!

I believe it!
--