On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 10:17:23PM -0500, andy at theasis.com wrote:
> > Every time I go to my default domain - fireopal.org - I get the
> > fireopal.org index.html. Every time I go to the other domain -
> > ytilaer.com - I get the fireopal.org index.html.
> >
> > Here's the Virtual Host section of my httpd.conf:
> >
> > :NameVirtualHost 209.134.132.36
> > :
> > :<VirtualHost 209.134.132.36:80>
> > :ServerName fireopal.org
> > :ServerAlias fireopal.org *.fireopal.org
> > :</VirtualHost>
> > :
> > :<VirtualHost 209.134.132.36:80>
> > :ServerName ytilaer.com
> > :ServerAlias ytilaer.com *.ytilaer.com
> > :</VirtualHost>
>

> Just for troubleshooting purposes, did you try without the * entries?
> If you can get a single hostname to work, then worry about additional
> ones.

I just tried with all the ServerAlias lines commented out - still
doesn't work.

> > I don't have any "DocumentRoot /var/www" in my httpd.conf at all!
>
> It's gotta be somewhere. Did you try something like
>         $ cd /etc/httpd/conf/
>         $ grep "var\/www" *

It _isn't_! I admit, I used the emacs incremental search - but the
first /var/www that finds is in the first <VirtualHost> section.

> The default may be something like /var/www/html. What's in there, and are
> you sure you're not getting an index.html from that dir?

The Debian default is supposed to be /var/www. I _am_ getting the
index.html from /var/www - I made the three of them distinct so that I
could tell. I believe that was in part of the message you snipped.

This is driving me not-so-slowly NUTS!

--
Scott Raun
sraun at fireopal.org