Quoting Callum Lerwick (seg at haxxed.com):
> people will bother to read the newbie Q&A list, no one will get their
> questions answered and the newbies will wither and die, turning tclug in
> to an elitist society. Which may not be a bad thing, but *cough* ahem...
> Whatever. Blargh.

Segmenting the list will breed elitism, if there is not enough here already. :-)
What I have seen work best, is what they do at jdc (java develop connection) is
to give everyone several hundred java bucks to "seed" the rewards board.

When people post a question, they assign java bucks to it. The person who
answers it first, to the statisfaction of the poster and a moderator get the
java bucks, whicn you can then use on your own questions OR use them in the Java
Online store to buy trinkets and trash.

If you REALLY want an answer, you assign it more java bucks.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500