On Sat, 12 May 2001, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> I've recently found myself nearly 1000 messages behind on the list, thus
> causing me to consider something like this. Maybe I'm becoming old and
> bitter but it would be nice to segment all the newbie questions from
> everything else.

Dude! -- what's your .procmailrc look like? :)

> Meanwhile, I gave up and just deleted those damn 1000 messages. Whee.

You only think so.  Why keep a local copy when there's a lovely archive
that's searchable?  Hell, you almost don't have to read the list -- just
look up your related problem topics for real stuff, and then the list
itself transcends to become the electronic water cooler we all know and
love. <g>

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous