Hi,

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Troy Johnson wrote:

> I thought of suggesting a "game review" option from the nice person
> hosting the web page, but then I thought Yaron had gone "above and
> beyond the call of duty" already.

Hey, you write it, I'll post it. Open Call for Game Reviews.

> Does anyone _really_ like (or dislike) one of the games listed? What is
> this "Tribes 2" all about?

I'll field this one...

The original Tribes came out a few years ago. On the surface of things
it's Yet Another FPS. But it's more than that.

For one, it's very team-oriented. Also, a great deal of the game takes
place outdoors rather than in dark caverns, and the graphics are
outstanding. And unlike Quake, unreal or even Counterstrike, there's a LOT
of strategy involved, especially in some of the mods like Shifter.

With Tribes, you can run around killing people. But you can also pilot
vehicles to bombard the enemy, scout out their defenses, or transport
Heavily Armoured teammates. You can put on an Engineer armour and go hack
into the enemy's base, or repair stuff, or set up defense turrets, mines,
cameras and more.

If you _must_ kill people, you can be a sleek and fast lightly armoured
scout, or a heavily armoured juggernaught, or a whole variety or armour
classes/weights/weapon-complement in between.

Now, what's better about Tribes 2? Well, better graphics, for one.
Personally I'm waiting till the Cool mods make the transition (:

HTH,

-Yaron