On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Dan Drake wrote:

> 	  ../SrcShared/UAE/newcpu.h:158: Internal compiler error in
> 	fix_lexical_addr, at function.c:5320
> 	Please submit a full bug report [...]
>
>   That's with gcc 2.96. Under Debian (gcc 2.95.2), it tends to
> spontaneously reboot my computer or just freeze it up, at no particular
> point.

This sounds distinctly like a hardware issue. Try compiling a kernel or
something equally large and see if you have similar problems. It could be
bad memory, overheating, or any number of other things. I've gotten
similar errors from both. (Which reminds me, I should sell that extra
stick that ain't so great...)

http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11/ is where you'll find the Sig11 FAQ. It's
not directly the error you described, but it should give you a clue what
to try.

If you need to test your memory, check these out:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/memtest/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/memtest86/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/memtester/

Pacem in Terris / Mir / Shanti / Salaam / Heiwa
Kevin R. Bullock