> further assistance would be appreciated -- I feel so dumb!<g>
Imagine how your terminal feels. :)

Is a vt220 terminal backwards compatible with vt100? If so tell getty to
do vt100 and see what happens. Or if it's allready doing vt100, change it
to match your terminal. Also consider testing it with any other box you
have (even an old 286 will do.) Hyperterm or Tera Term Pro support serial
links in Windows, take your pick from previous thread for linux.

| Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977 |
| http://www.ringworld.org  | Work: 763.428.9119 |
| http://www.itouthouse.com | PCS:  612.306.6055 |
|           When in danger, or in doubt,         |
|        run in circles,  scream and shout!      |