On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 10:07:17AM -0600, Shawn wrote:
> I'm using Pine as my mail
> program, and I'm using Mozilla as my browser, when I click on that "mailto:"
> link what happens?  Nothing?  Pine would launch?  In a way I suppose this is a
> browser question as well when getting to this point.

Just to add to your confusion...  That's purely a browser configuration issue
and has nothing to do with the mail client.  (Well, the MUA determines what
command line the browser should use to invoke it, but that's the only part it
plays in setting mailtos up.)

To try and clear things up though, look at it this way:  When the browser
calls a mail client, it starts a new instance of the MUA.  (The mail client
may notice that it's already running and divert the invocation from 'start a
new process' to 'wake up the existing process' but, again, that's not really
important here.)  Since the MUA isn't running, it can't play any part in the
process.  It has to be purely on the browser side.

--
Linux will do for applications what the Internet did for networks.
    - IBM, "Peace, Love, and Linux"