> Pine can handle this - it'll launch a Netscape window. You can set it up
> to launch image viewers as well.
>
> You might've been hearing about Evolution - it's a somewhat-kinda Outlook
> clone.

Evolution isn't quite stable yet. I managed to use if for about a week
before it barfed. Sylpheed is kinda nifty, but it didn't want to play nice
with IMAP. (Ok, there aren't many clients that play nice with IMAP...)

Spruce (GNOME/GTK) and Kmail (KDE) are some of the better X based clients
out there. Basla is ok (but libmutt is on crack, just ask the developers)

From: Peter Williams <peter at newton.cx>
(Balsa Developer, at least at the time)
Libmutt is derived from the venerable Mutt mailer. It sucks. It's klunky,
disorganized, ancient, hackish, kludgy, unclear, and completely
non-expandable.
You don't want to toy with libmutt. You want to wrap it in a cloth and
beat it with a stick until it stops wriggling. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but
not
very much.
--

Stick with pop3 and local mail spools (or local mail spools fed by
fetchmail) and there are a number of greate clients to choose from. Go with

If I ever write my own MUA, I think I'll call it Epoxy.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132