Yaron wrote:

> I think what he means is, if someone sends you a URL within the message,
> etc.
>
> Pine can handle this - it'll launch a Netscape window. You can set it up
> to launch image viewers as well.

This covers about half of what I'm after.  The other part is say I'm at a
website using Netscape, Mozilla, IE, etc., and there's a mailto: link that when
you click on it it launches the mail applet associated to the browser.  IE you
can tell to use just about any mail program on your system.  Netscape I think is
specific to Netscape mail only.  How do the various browsers tie into the
various text mail programs (pine, mutt, etc)?  If I'm using Pine as my mail
program, and I'm using Mozilla as my browser, when I click on that "mailto:"
link what happens?  Nothing?  Pine would launch?  In a way I suppose this is a
browser question as well when getting to this point.

Currently in process of reading plethora of mail how-to's....

Shawn