> I think what he means is, if someone sends you a URL within the message,
> etc.
>
> Pine can handle this - it'll launch a Netscape window. You can set it up
> to launch image viewers as well.

<sidetrack>

Mutt can handle this too.  In fact, I just got it working today.  Put the
following in your .muttrc:

macro index \cb |urlview\n 'Call urlview to extract URLs out of a message'
macro pager \cb |urlview\n 'Call urlview to extract URLs out of a message'

When in mutt, hitting CTRL-b will pass your message to urlview which will
give you a list of urls.  What it does with a url depends on what's in your
.urlview file.  I have

COMMAND xterm -bg black -fg white -fn fixed +sb -e lynx %s &

Gabe
Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I'm gonna hit ya, and you're gonna fall.
 And I'm gonna look down, and I'm gonna laugh."
 						- Ren Hoek in "Sven Hoek"