On or about 3 Jun 2001, Mike Hicks is alleged to have said:
> Okay, so my last media alert didn't really work out.  I saw a short 20
> second blip of coverage of Mech Wars on Ch. 9, but nothing on WCCO (even
> though they had a reporter there the whole time).  Maybe something will
> show up tonight.
>
> Anyway, this one is a little more likely:  Linus Torvalds is expected to
> be on National Public Radio's Fresh Air program tomorrow.  I guess it's
> broadcast from 8-9 PM here in Minnesota.

So did anyone else catch this?  It was fun, but I thought Linus came off a
little flat sometimes, esp. when describing what Linux (or any OS) does.

Actually, his European reserve had the side effect of making NPR seem more
like "48 Hours" or one of the slightly more sensational news shows, since
they kept asking questions about money, even when he said that it was never
*about* money.

--Begin signature--
---End signature---