On or about 4 Jun 2001, Shawn is alleged to have said:

> Okay, so I do this and I get the following error message:
>

> fjorn at bleys:~$ Xnest -geometry 800x600 -query marbles :2
> _XSERVTransSocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
> _XSERVTransSocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
> _XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for
> local
> failed to set default font path

'/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo/,/usr/X11R6
/l

ib/X11/fonts/Type1/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/,/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/font
s/1
> 00dpi/'
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'
>

> I can't find anything on the help section, am I to assume that it's
> because I don't have all the font packages installed?

Are the listed directories there and full of fonts?  If so, you might need
to do

xset fp+ (dir)
<repeat as necessary>

followed by

xset fp rehash.

If not, then install them.  If you are on the same network, my favorite
trick is just to NFS mount those directories from the other machine. :)