> I have installed RH Linux 7.1 on a ALR Q/SMP quad processor box.
	<drool> quad processors... </drool>

> It is a EISA/PCI box running 4 - 133MHz processors - 256MB RAM, and 30GB
> disk.
	any pictures to be seen?

> Nothing special, but sufficient for home use as a hobby web server.
	and good for lots of bragging rights.

> Problem:  It simply will not talk to any network cards I have installed in
> it.
> Have tried a 3Com 3c509 (PCI) configured all the ifconfig params, and for
> some
> reason even after specifying interrupt 11 in the modules.conf, it is trying
> use IRQ = 0 ????
	a PCI 509? can you use the regular 3com 3c5xx utils to see what IRQ
it wants to be? (or am I missing something? I've never actually touched a
PCI 3c509.)

> Picked up a cheapy NetGear EA302c (think that's the number) which is an ISA
> card, plugged into the EISA ports, the machine saw it as new hardware, but
> again, will not talk through it to my network.
	is the module loaded? is the module loaded with the right
parameters?

any chance you could bring this thing to an installfest so we can see it?
:)

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer