I have installed RH Linux 7.1 on a ALR Q/SMP quad processor box.

It is a EISA/PCI box running 4 - 133MHz processors - 256MB RAM, and 30GB
disk.

Nothing special, but sufficient for home use as a hobby web server.

Problem:  It simply will not talk to any network cards I have installed in
it.
Have tried a 3Com 3c509 (PCI) configured all the ifconfig params, and for
some
reason even after specifying interrupt 11 in the modules.conf, it is trying
use IRQ = 0 ????

Picked up a cheapy NetGear EA302c (think that's the number) which is an ISA
card, plugged into the EISA ports, the machine saw it as new hardware, but
again, will not talk through it to my network.

Anyone heard anything about special configuration needs of the Q/SMP devices
with regards to Ehternet configuration?

-Rod Strumbel