On Tuesday 10 July 2001 12:50 am, you wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2001 ming at mongo.evil-overlords.com wrote:
> > Just trying to figure out what I need to get ssh working on my box. The
> > docs are ok at openssh.org but kinda confusing to me, not sure where to
> > start. So if someone can suggest a nice book or some hints that would be
> > cool.
>
> Well, there's always the O'Reilly SSH book... what are you trying to do?
> Get the client or server going?
While we are on the subject of ssh I have a question. I just setup a
firewall. I can ssh into the box without problem. When I try to ssh to a box
in the subnet it will hang forever. ping -- no problem. reject telnet -- no
problem. ssh connect -- no way. I can ssh to another box on the internet
without fail. Is this a forwarding issue?
The second question is how does one transfer files via ssh? Will ftp run
inside of an ssh session?

--
SpencerUnderground
deltree c:\windows /y