AAAunderground wrote:

> While we are on the subject of ssh I have a question. I just setup a
> firewall. I can ssh into the box without problem. When I try to ssh to a box
> in the subnet it will hang forever. ping -- no problem. reject telnet -- no
> problem. ssh connect -- no way. I can ssh to another box on the internet
> without fail. Is this a forwarding issue?
> The second question is how does one transfer files via ssh? Will ftp run
> inside of an ssh session?

There is a secure ftp.  Secure ftp requires the secure ftp server.  All part of
OpenSSH.
Personally I use scp.

scp local_source user at machine:/remote_desination/file

That's basically it.  You can reverse it also.

scp user at machine:/remote_source/file /local_destination/file

Very easy.
It will then prompt you for the password for the remote system and off it goes.

Of course you have to know exactly where the files is.  It can also transfer
entire directories.

sim