I had troubles with the installer this weekend as well ... CDs that
came with IDG RH 7.1 Bible.

I did a partitionless install last week, went great, however when I
did the real thing it put LILO in the MBR, which I didn't want. I
went through the graphical installer to the last step two more times,
thinking I had overlooked a checkbox on where to install LILO, but it
just isn't there.

So tried "expert" mode but installer popped into the graphical
install mode at the point where I had to select what type of
installation I wanted to do.

I'm newer than new to this stuff, but actually can follow
instructions quite well when I need to ... only thing I can think of
about what I'm doing that could be tripping it up is that I'm trying
to install on a second physical hard drive with no OS on it - unless
I put a partition it previous to starting installer, Disk Druid
doesn't see the drive ... maybe somewhere I have to tell it ... gee I
dunno.

Grr.
--

- Erik Mattheis