I've had problems like this from a laptop.  The bios handles the cdrom until
the OS takes over.  The OS is in ram so it may not have the correct drivers for
the hardware it just booted from.  Pain in the A**.
If it's SCSI you may need to load a module or do some lilo magic.  Never had to
mess with lilo boot time parameters though.

amy tanner wrote:

> Trying to install RH 7 from CD.  Boots up fine, loads image, but then when I
> tell it install media is CD, it says it can't find a RH CD in the cdrom.
> But I am booting from the CD to start and it can read it to start the
> install.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Maybe a little more info on the type of cdrom (and scsi card if scsi) would
help. ?

sim