On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 08:43:45AM -0500, Daniel Taylor wrote:
> I did that, 'x' doesn't provide any feedback so that you know you hit 'x',
> and $ is two keystrokes, very deliberate. I did read the help screen, I
> had to to be able to use mutt for a several hour mail session, I read a
> good chunk of documentation, and this _still_ bit me. Mind you, had I
> grabbed a custom .muttrc off the web right away I may never have seen it,
> but I tend to prefer approaching new applications on their own terms. It
> gives me more of an idea what the authors intended for the application.

So you download linux-kernel and type: make bzImage, make modules... without
configuring it?

When I started using mutt I was coming from 5 years of pine. Yet I read the
manual, searched the web for config scripts, carefully adding one new config
at a time.

I don't know why I did it this way... sheer luck, too much time on my hands...
I don't know. But I am a happy mutt user now.

As of _hours_ of state on you inbox, that's another issue: you should move
mail in different folders, manually or with filters. If you have a crowded
mailbox is hard to read, scan. It's like having all your files in one
directory.

florin

--

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4