I did that, 'x' doesn't provide any feedback so that you know you hit 'x',
and $ is two keystrokes, very deliberate. I did read the help screen, I
had to to be able to use mutt for a several hour mail session, I read a
good chunk of documentation, and this _still_ bit me. Mind you, had I
grabbed a custom .muttrc off the web right away I may never have seen it,
but I tend to prefer approaching new applications on their own terms. It
gives me more of an idea what the authors intended for the application.

Dan