I have been using Apache and various Linux distributions (Mandrake and Red Hat) for a few years now.  I am not a guru, but comfortable with both.

I am now moving into a new arena: php and databases interacting with Apache.  I have the howtos for php and some documentation for PostgreSQL.  That documentation is fine in itself, but does not outline the process for what I want to do.

I would like to set up a webpage where people fill out surveys/questionnaires about customer satisfaction, needs, etc.  In effect, users would be completing an html form and hitting a "submit" button.  The information in the form would then be submitted to a database as a single record.

The problem is that I have been unable to find doucmentation/sites that outline how a form should be set up -- and php/database configuration--  so that it can be properly entered into the database.  Can anyone suggest documetation/sites that would outline such a process?  It seems as though php is a necesary part of the process -- am I incorrect?

I am comfortable with editing html -- I do not use a WYSIWYG editor.

P.S.
Does anyone have recommendations of PostgreSQL vs Interbase.  I know about MySQL, but it is not as ANSI-92 compliant as PostgreSQL or Interbase.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Philip Forst
Research and Technology Engineer
Federal Highway Administration