A couple of thoughts:

1. wait considerably longer. It _will_ time out
2. boot interactively by pressing "I" when you see the "Welcome to RedHat
Linux" msg. This will let you skip the PCMCIA load.
3. examine your logs to find out why the PCMCIA load is failing. cat
/var/log/messages|grep pcmcia.
4. check /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia to make sure it's turned on and has a
driver. Mine (Hitachi laptop) reads:

PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=i82365
PCIC_OPTS=