"Austad, Jay" <austad at marketwatch.com> writes:

> AIT-2!  They are rather expensive though.  Otherwise, DLT.  AIT is much
> better though.  AIT-2 is 100GB compressed, and tapes cost around $100 each.

Actually, $100 for 100GB compares quite unfavorably to DDS-3 media prices.

I'd love a drive in this size myself, but it's not on my budget.

(And I wish people would not quote compressed sizes; most of what I
have to back up is already compressed via jpeg or mp3 or zip, and my
previous experience is that compression in backup can't do a thing
with such files.  So I need to know the *real* tape size.  I know that
most such claims are based on a factor of two.)
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/