AIT-2!  They are rather expensive though.  Otherwise, DLT.  AIT is much
better though.  AIT-2 is 100GB compressed, and tapes cost around $100 each.

I have a Spectra-Logic Bullfrog 42 tape AIT-2 changer with 2 drives in it
running under solaris.  This unit would work with Linux too, it has Sony
drives in it.  Transfer speeds are very fast, it's set up as a nearline
storage system (basically, it's an emulated disk), once my tape is loaded,
file transfer speeds are not too much slower than actual disk transfer
speeds.

I think as long as you stick with SCSI, it should work, you probably don't
need 4.2TB worth of compressed storage though.  :)

Jay