> Now I would like recommendations for large tape drives compatible with
> linux. I dont care if its SCSI or IDE or something else. I would just
> like something over 60-80 gig per tape that doesnt take a month to
> write.

look at IBM's LTO (Linear Tape Open) drives. 100 GB uncompressed; and very
fast.
A friend of mine admins an AIX box with a Shark drive array; and was one of
the first to get some of these things. He says they're great.

they aren't cheap; but I think they're slightly larger than AIT-2 (I could
be wrong), and not completely unreasonably priced (at least not for IBM's
target market).

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer