> I am running Redhat 7.0 and have a cd-rw.  Has anyone
> setup linux to burn cds?

Yup.

Oh, you wanted some form of help/advice I suppose. Well, I have a Plextor
SCSI burner so I don't have to worry about the SCSI emulation stuff. If you
have an IDE burner you'll have to use SCSI Emulation to get it to do
anything besides read cds. Most likely RedHat 7 has this enabled in it's
kernel. If not, you need to compile a kernel with SCSI Emulation Support
(available after enabling SCSI support).

Then you'll need the tools. cdrecord, mkisofs, cdparanoia, gcombust,
xcdroast, etc. I haven't taken the time to figure out gcombust, so am still
using xcdroast (the latest alpha version) even though it has the nasty habit
of resetting my SCSI bus. For more indepth coverage, see the CD-Writing
HOWTO: http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/CD-Writing-HOWTO.html

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132