On 2001.02.20 10:50:27 -0600 Andy Zbikowski wrote:
> > I am running Redhat 7.0 and have a cd-rw.  Has anyone
> > setup linux to burn cds?
>
> Yup.
>
>  If you
> have an IDE burner you'll have to use SCSI Emulation to get it to do
> anything besides read cds. Most likely RedHat 7 has this enabled in it's
> kernel. If not, you need to compile a kernel with SCSI Emulation Support
> (available after enabling SCSI support).

It was turned on in RedHat 6.2, so it's likely that it's in 7.0.  Pay
attention in the how-to about the part of appending to lilo.conf.  Took me
about 10 minutes to get it up and running (now, reinstalling my PCMCIA card
on Win95, OTOH, is taking _hours_: yes, I need it for the handling some
outlook/office stuff - resumes, applications).

    - Dave

--
Dave Kleist
   dkleist at acm.org
   "The covers of this book are too far apart."
              - Ambrose Bierce