Jason Jorgensen <jasonj at talkware.net> writes:

> I want to get one of the new plextor 16x's. And I was trying to decide
> between the IDE and the SCSI version.
>
> Why do you not like IDE burners?
>
> I have all IDE drives in my system so I would have to get a SCSI controller
> as well.

Well, I'm *really* happy I got the Plextor 121032S (SCSI) version
rather than IDE.  But I already had SCSI in the system, so that wasn't
a consideration.  It's much less cpu-intensive, and therefore more
independent of other things.  I can burn a CD at 12x while playing
mp3s and running seti at home in the background without a problem (so
far).  It also fixed a problem some Windows software upgrade caused
where I can't RIP from my IDE CD drive; the scsi drive rips fine.
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/