On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Andrew Nemchenko wrote:

> Well I thought that the change would be kind of cool so I downloaded version
> 6.0 of netscape and installed it on my Linux system. However after I
> installed I realised that it worked so slow on my machine that it made me
> want to kill my self.

Oh don't do that. It's not worth it.

> Anyway now I need your help in getting if off my
> machine and getting the good old 4.6 installed back.

Did you actually uninstall 4.x? I discovered (thanks to Bob's
suggestion) that if you've got mozilla running, starting Navigator will
simply open another Mozilla window. Once Mozilla was closed Navigator opens
with no trouble.

That said, I would grab Mozilla 0.8 from mozilla.org. I've been running the
dailies for a couple months now, and 0.8 seems quite good. Don't give up on
it yet.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/