Shawn Fertch <fertch at mninter.net> writes:

> Also, since the internal modem is a winmodem and so far a workable
> solution hasn't been come up with on the drivers a while ago, I went out
> and bought a pcmcia card.  The card works fine, get a nice 56k speed.
> But what I'm after is that the card also allows me to plug into my cell
> phone (nokia 6162) and dial into my ISP.  Anyone hear of any success on
> this?  If so, any chance of a website that may have some info?  I looked
> at linmodems.org and didn't see anything.  The modem I bought is a
> Viking Components RFM56KPCNOK modem.  I'm not keen on the multi dongle
> thing, but it's livable.

I'm successful in connecting my Linux laptop to my ISP via a Motorola
Timeport cell phone.  But that phone has digital support; I connect to
the serial port on the laptop, and the phone emulates a modem (AT
commands and all).
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b at dd-b.net
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/