On Mon, Dec 24, 2001 at 12:32:02AM -0600, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> I created /var/www/qwerk.org and /var/www/littlecreektrees.com to hold
> the files and set up the VirtualHost directives like so: (will add more
> directives later when I get it working)
>
> NameVirtualHost 208.42.140.222:80
>
> <VirtualHost 208.42.140.222>

What file are these directives in?  They look pretty much identical
to the ones I've got, so I'd guess that the file containing them
isn't being read.  Try moving them to httpd.conf and see if it works
from there.

> Now when I try to hit either Web page, I get the directory listing for
> /var/www instead.

If vhosts are working properly, you should see the root of the first
listed vhost if a request doesn't match any of the servernames or
serveraliases.  The overall DocumentRoot shouldn't have any effect
(although I'm not surprised that it still has to be defined).

The other possibility I can think of is that you built your own apache
and forgot to include vhost support.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss