So here's my stripped down httpd.conf file. While it's unrelated to your
problem check out ServerSignature and ServerTokens. I've got mine set so
the http header does not broadcast what OS, apache rev, loaded modules I'm
using. That's just information people don't need to know. Especially the
modules and apache rev.

Now that I'm looking at this I think the primary difference between yours
and my config is that my default domain is also specified as a vhost. I
seem to recall having similar issues and it's likely that I settled on
that as a solution. The default server is specified in the "main" config
and also mentioned in the vhost config.

ServerRoot "/var/www"
Port 80
ServerName www.greentechnologist.org
DocumentRoot "/home/vhosts/greentechnologist/WWW"
UseCanonicalName Off
ServerSignature Off
ServerTokens ProductOnly

<Directory />
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /home/vhosts>
  AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
  Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
  <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Limit>
  <Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
  </Limit>
</Directory>