Hi everyone,

I started what I'd assumed to be an easy task tonight, setting up a
name-based virtual host on my home server. I looked at the docs and it
seems very simple...too simple. :-)

I've got two domains I want to host: qwerk.org and littlecreektrees.com

I created /var/www/qwerk.org and /var/www/littlecreektrees.com to hold
the files and set up the VirtualHost directives like so: (will add more
directives later when I get it working)

NameVirtualHost 208.42.140.222:80

<VirtualHost 208.42.140.222>
  ServerName www.qwerk.org
  DocumentRoot /var/www/qwerk.org
  ServerAlias qwerk.org *.qwerk.org
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 208.42.140.222>
  ServerName www.littlecreektrees.com
  DocumentRoot /var/www/littlecreektrees.com
  ServerAlias littlecreektrees.com *.littlecreektrees.com
</VirtualHost>

Now when I try to hit either Web page, I get the directory listing for
/var/www instead. I noticed that srm.com also has a DocumentRoot
directive and I can change that to match one of the virtual hosts's
DocumentRoot settings and all works well. For that host only
unfortunately.

Aren't the DocumentRoot directives inside a <VirtualHost> supposed to
override what is given elsewhere? I tried removing the DocumentRoot from
srm.conf, but that broke everything.

Any ideas?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com