As President of the Twin Cities PC Users group I am going to try and devote
one Saturday a month to Linux.  Currently our Systems on Saturday group
meets every Saturday in Bloomington near the Mall of America.  Generally we
discuss Windows since that is all most of us know or are trying to learn.  I
would like to include Linux once per month or at least on a periodic basis.
It would all be dependent on someone to lead the SIG and share their Linux
knowledge and skills with some of us want-a-bees. Great proficiency with
Linux would not be required since anyone would probably know more than most
of us.  We have about 375 members and publish a monthly newsletter called
the Digital Viking.  A copy of the newsletter and more information about us
could be found on our web site at: http://www.tcpc.com  .
It could be an opportunity for someone to enhance their speaking or teaching
skills. We do have a projector but Linux is not on our machine at this time.
Would be preferable if the person/s brough their own laptop to use.  Our
meeting room probably holds a max of 40 people and generally 20 may show up
to most Saturday's.
Assume it would be difficut for me to get a person to do it every month and
would therfore like to develop a list of possible SIG leaders for a
Saturday.  That way there could be a rotation of some kind or possibly we
just do it every few months depending on the number of people willing to do
it.  To not discourage our group it would be best just to use GUI and not
the command line to scare people off.  We meet from 9AM to about 11:30 AM.
If you would like more clarification please contact me or to put your name
on the list as a "potential SIG leader".  Regretably no compensation is
available except for the satifaction or skill development you get.

Terry Houle
President
Twin Cities PC Users Group
terry at tcpc.com