On Saturday 15 December 2001 10:36, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Jay W. Anderson wrote:
> > What bothers me the most is not
> > the typing, but sitting and using the mouse while working in AutoCAD
> > all day.  If I have the keyboard where it should be, I'm straining to
> > reach and hold/work the mouse which effects the muscles of the upper
> > back and neck.
>
> One thing that I think is cool about the Happy Hacking Keyboard (though
> I've never tried one) is that the mouse is a lot closer to the keys when
> you remove the numeric keypad. If they made an ergonomic Happy Hacking
> keyboard, I'd go for it.
>
> http://www.pfuca.com/products/hhkb/hhkbindex.html
>
> -Tim

I had a HHKB up in Duluth. For a long time our main server was in a cabinet
in the corner of one of the classrooms. In order to get Monitor, Keyboard,
and case in the space normally used by a 25" or 27" TV (it was a lockable AV
rolling cabinet.) We got a Happy Hacking Keyboard. Once you get used to the
"missing" keys or more correctly the overlays (shift, control, function) that
get you delete instead of backspace, arrow keys, etc its not a bad little
keyboard. (Emphasis on the little.)
--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com