All that was previously asked was 'where do I find gtk.h'.  I went into
/var/log/packages and grepped for it, and found the package it was in.
Yeah, their site is broken. Then email them and say 'Selecting version 8.0
and i386 doesn't work' and describe the error.  If you want the one from
slackware-8.0, replace 'slackware-current' with 'slackware-8.0' in the
directories given there.  I just checked, and it works.

Dunno what's up with the slackware-current directory.  It's pretty empty,
and doesn't contain a full distribution.  All I could recommend is getting
the file out of slackware-8.0.

I've noticed the decline in quality, too... when I first installed
Slackware 8, I had to hack one of the setup files to get it to mount
reiserfs properly during the package installation phase.  Seems to be
fixed now, but it was kind of odd to run into.

It'd be nice to know what's going on, but the only news they ever post is
about packages and such.

--
Michael Vieths
Foeclan at Visi.com