On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 05:17:58PM -0600, Shawn wrote:
> Seeing a couple of people at the installfest with the "Official Slack 8"
> release got me thinking again that I still haven't received my order yet....
>
> Today, I made my final attempt at contacting them via e-mail.  If they don't
> respond, I'm taking it one step further.  I'd have to go through my
> statements, but I'm almost positive that I was charged for the order.  If
> that's the case, I'll pursue in even further matters....
>
> It just pisses me off that a company that has been around as long as
> Slackware, as well as being a major distro, would not respond to any e-mails
> I've sent them.  To me, it's not good business practice to do what they've
> done to myself as well as others that I've read on the message boards.
>
> Yes, I know you can download it for free.  I was trying to be nice and
> support Slackware for future development.

This can be very frustrating, but don't be too hard on Slackware.  I think they are having a hard time.
They probably have very few people to handle these types of things.
If people or businesses want a commercial version, they go with Redhat.
If they are open source purists they go with Debian.
Generally.

Slackware is somewhere in the middle with a loyal but unfortunately small following.

If that doesn't sway you, rememebr they are one of the Minnesota connections to Linux.
I forget all the facts but Volkerding is from here.

I download the distro (or get it from Nate and Carl at real-time.com) and then I send Slackware a check for the web price of.  Which doesn't help if you order a shirt or hat.

--
Paul Rech
pauljrech at acm.org