On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 09:44:55AM -0600, Jay Kline wrote:
> Anyway, I tried Mutt, and it messed up my inbox. (good thing I keep backups).
>  It seems like it puts line breaks at a different place than Kmail is used
> to, because all the messages had funny line breaks, and peoples messages
> spanned multiple messages.

This is odd, I just downloaded kmail to see if I could reproduce
your problems, but everything was fine. I could open all my
mailboxes fine with kmail - no funny line breaks.  And opening
the mailboxes back up with mutt didn't cause any problems either.
What versions of kmail and mutt were you trying?  I tried kmail
2.2.1 and mutt 1.3.22i/1.3.24i.