On Monday 03 December 2001 02:08 pm, you wrote:
> ON Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:55:01AM -0600, Jay Kline wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, some users who like to snoop are also admins.
> >
> > This is exactly what I am worried about.  I realize that things can be
> > done to avoid having them read my email, (encryption, etc) but those are
> > all very inconveient for all my friends and family using hotmail.  Also,
> > when my Discover Card statement is emailed, I cannot have them encrypt
> > that.  So, I figured the best way is to not have the mail on the server
> > if at all possible.
>
> That tactic will only discourage casual snooping. There's nothing stopping
> the smtpd from making copies of your mail as it is received. If somebody
> with root access and a modicum of skill wants to read your mail, they will.

That is exactly what I want to avoid.  I am the main admin on the machine,
but it sits at my parents house.  And due to reasons Id rather not get into,
they have the root password (and yes, they know Unix).  They wont deliberatly
seek methods of catching my mail, but if they find it they will read it.

Anyway, I tried Mutt, and it messed up my inbox. (good thing I keep backups).
 It seems like it puts line breaks at a different place than Kmail is used
to, because all the messages had funny line breaks, and peoples messages
spanned multiple messages.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

Jay

--
Jay Kline
list at slushpupie.com
http://www.slushpupie.com
--
Unless hours were cups of sack, and minutes capons, and clocks the tongues
of bawds, and dials the signs of leaping houses, and the blessed sun himself