On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 01:57:04PM -0600, Lorry wrote:
> On a slightly different note, I was using ascd to play my CDs, but it seems
> to have a very inconvenient bug* and I removed it from my system.  Does anyone
> know any similar CD-playing programs?  I'm using WorkMan at the moment, but I
> liked having the dockabble app.

There are a bunch of choices for CD player apps:
  wmcdplay - dockable app, but based on ascd so it may have same bug
  gcd - small, but not dockable - its just grip without the ripping UI
  xmms - plays CDs as well as mp3s, though its kind of overkill for CDs
  wmxmms - dockable front-end for xmms
  xmcd - kind of ugly and old, but it works

There are probably a bunch more that I missed.  I think all of
these have official debs.