On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 13:57, Lorry wrote:
> Right now I have wmweather to tell me about the temperature, etc. but I'm
> wondering if there is a similar app that has a "general description" of the
> condition, e.g. instead of "Temp: 33 F, Dew: 32 F, Prs: 29.95, Hum: 93%,
> Wnd: ENE 20" what I really want to know is "33 F and snowing."  Well, the wind
> speed is nice too.  :)  Is there anything that will tell me when it's snowing,
> raining, mostly cloudy and that sort of thing?  It doesn't have to have the
> cute little pictures of snowflakes and smiling sunshines like they have on
> TV weather reports, just any indication.
> I know there is an app that displays temperature only (I thought about getting
> that before since I don't know what to do with dewpoint and pressure info
> anyway) but I'd really like the snowing/raining type info.

I'm using Gnome Weather (gweather) 0.05, and it gives me the temp plus a
small image showing current conditions. I can right-click to get a
detailed dialog box with a weather map, forecast, and more info on
current conditions. It docks into the Gnome panel, but I don't know what
it would do in either Afterstep's or Window Maker's wharf.

Dave
--
Earth -- mother of the most beautiful women in the universe.
		-- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1