Hope everyone is having a good day?

Anyway I have a client with an artdpartmen teaming with macs.   The owners
wanted to give Microsoft the shaft and use a linux backed.  Which I was more
than happy to let them try.

Netatalk however is giving me some problems.  I am using generic config files
with a line added to give them full access to a data repository.

The problems are numerous and I don't know if they are releated or if there
is anything I can do about it.

They have several issues with file names.  Some of the naming conventions hae
bullets, parenthesis. tildes, and other bizzare characters that don't seem to
make things happy. Often they can't open files from a mac as it gives a
corruption error.

They also have problems with Photoshop and quark.  The might be able to open a
document but can't close it, save it, or what ever.

I am curious if anyone else out there is attempting to use linux as a
fileserver and what you might have done to get around some of these issues.

--

|\/|ike at GetBent.net