>>> ray at lctn.k12.mn.us 11/26/01 03:54PM >>>
>I have Sendmail working on my RedHat 7.1 box. I configured it using the
>sendmail-install script. At the time I added a couple users when it asked
>for the info. I have looked around for a tool to add users, but have not
>found anything. What program would I use for this.

I think just adding a user with 'adduser <a_user_name>'
(then 'passwd <a_user_name>' of course) would do it,
unless you wanted aliases or something special.
I would get the O'Reilly Sendmail 'Bat' Book if you want
to use Sendmail effectively.

>From my understanding Procmail is utilized by Sendmail for POP, so maybe I
>am asking the wrong question. I simply need to create 70-80 user mailboxes.

Sendmail is an MTA (Message Transfer Agent) which
means it transfers outbound messages to other internet
mail servers and it accepts inbound messages for local
users. It uses local delivery agents (like Procmail) to put
incoming email in local users mail storage boxes (it can
do it self, but it is limited). It does not provide access
(via POP3 or IMAP4 network protocols) to those mail
storage boxes. RH71 should have both POP and IMAP
servers available for installation, and if you have installed
them, you can probably enable them with 'chkconfig'.
How secure the default mail server options are, I do not
know.

>Secondly, what programs can I use to for IMAP capabilities, and access to
>mailboxes via www.

WWW options are available, I don't remember what they
are, but they have been discussed in the semi-recent
past (summer?). Look through the TCLUG archives.

Good luck,

Troy