On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 03:35:34AM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
> To my surprise I got a response from a human! (yes I still got the
> auto-response thing that is useless too). The curtly informed me that
> 2 messages does not constitute a spamming.

I think you need to send him a copy of RFC2635, "DON'T SPEW, A Set of
Guidelines for Mass Unsolicited Mailings and Postings (spam*)."[1]
Don't send him the URL, don't attach it, put it right in the email.

In addition, you might want to send him a second email with my favorite,
RFC1855, "Netiquette Guidelines."[2]  Mail that in the same fashion.

> What does he tell me? The message all have forged headers. Oh, boy.
> Like I cannot read an SMTP header to see that it's -not- forged. Damn!
> I just want to black-hole all of hotmail.com.

You should ask him to explain to you why he thinks the headers were
forged.  Maybe he isn't blowing smoke.  Maybe you can educate him if he
is with your own detailed explaination.

I feel your pain,

Nate

[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2635