> > I just want to black-hole all of hotmail.com.
At this point in time hot mail has little need to regulate the vast flood of
spam associated with their service.

A little note on hotmail...
I use this account to pick up my company e-mail when I travel to other
countries.
My IT folks send a copy of each e-mail to my hotmail account.
This is the ONLY use I make of this account, and the only person who has
ever gotten this address from me.
After I signed up for an account I get 500+ spams each month on the account.
Ya, I know I can (and do) use the management features to shove the spam to
the bulk folder.
As hard as it may be to believe - hotmail is the most reliable e-mail
service in Internet cafes in parts of Asia.
The poor telephone service makes it hard to get a usable connection.
Also, the rampant censorship makes it hard to pick up pop3 accounts
sometimes.
Sigh.

Back to the spam.
It is obvious that hotmail sells their subscriber lists.
Since they get paid to provide an audience they must get paid more then it
costs to provide storage for the received spam.
I wonder if it is possible to turn this ratio around?

I have been thinking of a new hobby.
I want to see how many free hotmail accounts I can activate and maintain.
The figure of merit of success is how many megabytes of spam I can have on
hotmail.
Gigabytes perhaps?
I can see that this will require the use of automation - script files are
our friends.
I suspect that the good folks at hotmail would take measures after a time
but it still might be fun.

I have struggling with the morality of this.
I am not sending the spam - I am asking hotmail to hold it for me.
Still, it is a clear abuse of the service.

Comments?

Mark Browne