> Colocation possibilities: a "Bob's Colo Shed" in the Real
> Time parking lot.
>
> If I understand correctly, Bob, you are saying that the
> services most Linux users could do without
> (colocation-wise) are icing on the cake of Real-Time's
> colocation costs. And it might be that cut-rate service
> isn't what Real Time is all about.

This is exactly what I was getting at... is there ANY ISP
that's actually willing to set up such a cheap service?
Most ISPs want to provide the best for their customers.  For
the price of co-lo you get a secured room, redundant
backbone, 24/7 access, and guaranteed bandwidth.  All ISPs
want to be the best, and that's what it takes.  I want to
know where an ISP is that DOESN'T want to be the best.  I
knew a guy (before he got bought out) that ran a half-assed
ISP.  He had customers, they liked him, and they paid his
bills.  He probably would have co-lo'd a box for $50-100,
but it would have been in a shed in the backyard with an
extension cord and a piece of Cat5 running to it.  Oops,
lawnmower incident, we'll be down for a couple days.  Well,
I got what I paid for.  Most fo the time I have bandwidth,
and that's what I need.

I have to say that $250/mo is about the cheapest co-lo I've
seen anywhere, so kudos to Real Time on that!