I'm thinking about getting a joystick for my computer, because:
a. it might be cool if I ever get around to playing FPS games
b. they look kind of cool and make you appear to be a much harder-core
computer user (to many people).
c. I'm noticing a decided lack of doodads, gimcracks, & gewgaws attached to
my computer.
d. I haven't ever owned one before.

so what do people like, for jostick models out there? I'm pretty picky about
how ergonomic the button layout is; and it better work *completely* under
linux; but I have virtually no experience with them.

what are people's advices about joysticks?

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises