"Bill Layer" <blayer at qwest.net> writes:

> I have bad juju over here..
>
> After upgrading two different machines to 2.4.2, the Handspring Visor
> USB driver no longer works on *one* of the machines. They are both VIA
> chipset motherboards: k6-2/450 on a Tyan S1590S (the working one) and
> AMD Duron 700 on Abit KT-7 RAID (the broken one).
>
> As far as I can tell, I have the exact same options selected in the
> .config for both systems (at least in the USB area...)
>
> Symptoms are: I can connect to, and read data freely from the Visor.
> I can create small memos or changes in addressbook, and sync them
> to the Visor. BUT - if I try to install an application, or do a large
> sync (like avantgo) it fails everytime... Jpilot complains "falied -
> pc file corrupt?"
>
> Arrgh.. help me please.

I've got the same problem, although I haven't tried uploading small memos, I
just install apps.  Seems that info from PC to visor doesn't work, but visor
to PC does.  Same problem with 2.4.3.  You've got one working though?  Have
you tried that config file on the other system?  Should work.  Can you send me
the working config file?  I can try it on my system and see what happens,
although I suspect I'll have to change it a bit, I've got PIII-450's instead
of AMD, but I'd be interested none the less.

Jon Schewe | http://mtu.net/~jpschewe | jpschewe at mtu.net