On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 12:01:50AM -0500, andy at theasis.com wrote:
>You don't vote, do you?

No. I haven't the time nor the will to educate myself enough to make an
intelligent decision on a candidate. So rather than vote blindly and possibly
aiding in mass idiocy, I choose to abstain.

THough I don't see the correlation.

>I bet it'll do one more good (in terms of actually fixing the broken-ness)
>than merely sending a note to some LUG list.

Possibly. But all that "Hey this is broken" mail goes the same place as the
"You suck" mail. /dev/null

They are a rather large company and it seems to me, they could care less about
you. (or else they wouldn't charge for thier "Update Service" If anything that
should be free. After all you aren't getting the pretty package or support
contract.

>I've heard some disturbing things from others trying to install or upgrade
>6.x to 7.0. I find this somewhat odd given that the beta worked pretty
>well for me on at least 3 occasions.

Bummer, sure is gonna bring work to a halt for an hour or two for our RH using
coders. Wish it were a little better. I thought RedHat's installer was thier
big claim to fame, they could have done better than this IMHO.

Perhaps that's why debian has that kick ass update method, cause the install
sucks (really badly untill you get used to it. Personally I fly through it but
new debian users have a hell of a time)

Oh well. More work for me I guess. Cheers.
--
Ben Lutgens  Cell: 651.387.9065  Home: 651.703.9541

Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (T)hrowup